This week is: Books I Disliked/Hated But Am Really Glad I Read
Honestly these are the only ones I could find because usually when I dislike/hate a book I’m never glad that I read it
*This list is no specific order*
*Click book title or series for Goodreads link
1. Minion by L.A. Banks (Vampire Huntress #1)
I didn’t really like this book, it was okay enough, and had enough promise that I read the next few in the series but it . . .yeah. I gave up. The series started to get better than it got worse again.
2. Voice of Dragons by Carrie Vaugh (Voices of Dragons #1)
Carrie Vaughn, I am a fan, but just not of this book. It wasn’t bad just didn’t do it for me.
3. The Awakening / The Struggle by L.J. Smith (The Vampire Diaries #1-2)
I loved vampires at the point in my life when I read this book, I also read some of her books other and really liked them. But this one. . .Man I hate this book but I’m glad I read it, not sure why though.
4. Never Too Far by Abbi Glines (Rosemary Beach #2)
I read this book. Couldn’t stand it and it might sound bad but I am glad I read it because it made my mind up to stay away from Abbi Glines books. I don’t think I’m the type of person her books are written for, if that makes sense.
5. How to Marry a Millionaire Vampire by Kerrelyn Sparks (Love at Stake #1)
This book was one I didn’t hate but it just didn’t do it me.
6. Dead Until Dark by Charlaine Harris (Sookie Stackhouse #1)
Everyone was telling me I had to read this book “this series is great”. Whatever. I’m glad I read it so that I can at least say I read it and didn’t like it, instead of not liking something I hadn’t read.
7. Generation Dead by Daniel Waters (Generation Dead #1)
I am not a fan of zombies at all but I hadn’t read a zombie book, so how could I be sure I didn’t like them? This books helped with that
8. Cum Laude by Cecily von Ziegesar
I read all of Gossip Girl and it’s spin offs. I was whatever about Gossip Girl, I really liked The It Girl and was back to whatever about the Gossip Girl reboot thing. I was confused whether me liking The It Girl a fluke or not. This book helped me realize it was.
9. Uglies by Scott Westerfeld (Uglies #2)
I don’t even know
10. Hush, Hush by Becca Fitzpatrick (Hush, Hush #1)
I’m not sure about this one either