Top Ten Tuesday: Abandoned

by - May 12, 2020


Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme created by The Broke and the Bookish in June of 2010 and was moved to and is now hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl in January of 2018. Each week will be a different Top Ten list. Everyone is welcome to join and link up.
 
This week is: The Last 10 Books I’ve Abandoned
 
I have a habit of stopping books just because. There are times when one little thing will bother me, and I’ll be turned off forever. I’ve been having a hard time staying interest in a lot of things recently, I’ve started so many books and only finished a few. Here is my list of books I’ve stopped.

*This list is no specific order*
*Click book title or series for Goodreads link

1.       Off Limits Lovers by Reese Ryan

My goodness, the relationships between characters were too messy for even me. I love messiness but this one was too much for me. Let me try to break it down for you, so the main guy Roarke took a paternity test to prove that he wasn’t the son of the main girl, Annabel’s father. But Roarke’s father thinks Roarke’s mother had an affair with Annabel’s father. Also, Roarke’s sister is dating Annabel’s father. I couldn’t not deal with all of that. I’ve moved on from this one.

2.     Storm and Fury  (The Harbinger #1) by Jennifer L. Armentrout

I didn’t realize this was a spin-off of her Dark Elements series which I love. So, to read this one I reread the Dark Elements books and that was where I missed up. The situations were too similar and the first series was too fresh in my mind for me not compare them. I will come back to this one. I love the world and the author, but I need some time away from it, so I can give this book a fair shot.

3.     The Score  (Off-Campus #3) by Elle Kennedy

I like this series but for some reason I couldn’t get into this one, I tried to keep going but the more I pushed myself to finish the more I didn’t care about it. So, I stopped reading and skipped ahead to book 4, and it didn’t mater at all. I wouldn’t be finishing this one.




4.     Teen Titans Vol. 1: Full Throttle  by Adam Glass and Bernard Chang

I was excited for this one because even though it’s volume one it is book four in a larger series which I love. Hello, it has my favorite Robin, Damion Wayne. For this set of stories there is a different writer and illustrator, which is unfortunate for me because I am not a fan of the art style. I don’t know if I’ll come back to it.


5.     You Deserve Each Other  by Sarah Hogle

I have nothing to say about this aside from I found both main characters unlikeable. I will not be coming back to this one.







6.     The Winter Duke  by Claire Eliza Bartlett

This was a book that I was excited for and read about 100 pages, but I stopped to sleep and just never picked it back up. There is nothing wrong with it and I plan to finish it.





7.     The Chase (Briar #1) by Elle Kennedy

I know another one by this author and it’s a spin-off to the series mentioned before. I didn’t like one of the protagonists and that turned me off, which was sad because I really like the other protagonist. I might pick it up again later, we’ll see.



8.     Unbuttoning the CEO  by Mia Sosa

I had just finished another book for this author called The Worst Best Man which I enjoyed a lot so I thought I would read more by her. But I was turned off by the voice of the male protagonist and had to stop. I probably won’t be coming back to this one. 



9.     Titans, Vol. 6: Into the Bleed  by Dan Abnett and Brandon Peterson

Okay, so I am so here for this comic series, but I stopped reading this one because I found out Into the Bleed was the final book and I don’t want it to end.




10.   If I Never Met You  by Mhairi McFarlane

A fake dating romance sign me up but for some reason I just couldn’t get into it. I didn’t even finish the first chapter. Maybe I’ll come back to it later but right now it’s looking like a nope.

You May Also Like

4 comments

  1. Your reasons for DNF'ing these books makes sense to me!

    My TTT .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Off Limits Lovers by Reese Ryan sounds like a hot MESS. ��
    I'm debating whether or not I should try reading You Deserve Each Other by Sarah Hogle... Here's my TTT list.

    ReplyDelete