Waiting On Wednesday: Fins Are Forever

by - June 15, 2011


Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Breaking the Spine that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.



FINS ARE FOREVER BY TERA LYNN CHILDS 

  
Hardcover: 272 pages
Fins Book 2
Young Adult
Published by Katherine Tegen Books
June 28, 2011


 From Tera’s site:

On Lily Sanderson’s eighteenth birthday she’ll become just a girl—still a mergirl, true, but signing the renunciation will ink Princess Waterlily of Thalassinia out of existence. That leaves plain old Lily living on land, dating the boy she loves, and trying to master this being-human thing once and for all.

Now that Lily and Quince are together, mer bond or not, she’s almost content to give up her place in the royal succession of Thalassinia. But just when she thinks she has everything figured out, the waves start to get rough. Lily’s father sends a certain whirlpool-stirring cousin to stay with her on land. What did Doe do to get herself exiled from Thalassinia and stuck in terraped form, when everyone knows how much she hates humans? And why why why is she batting her eyelashes at Lily’s former crush, Brody?

The seafoam on the raging surf comes when a merboy from Lily’s past shows up—Tellin asks Lily for something that clouds her view of the horizon. There’s a future with Quince on land, her loyalty to the kingdom in the sea, and Lily tossing on the waves in the middle. Will she find a way to reconcile her love, her duty, and her own dreams?


To learn more about Tera Lynn Childs and her books please visit her website 

You May Also Like

8 comments

  1. I haven't heard of these before, but it sounds cool and I do like mermaids.

    Here's my WoW this week

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't heard of it before either, but it sounds great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I keep hearing about this! I'm absolutely going to HAVE to read the first one, because I'm hearing a lot about it. This drops next week, so I'm diggity down! Plus, I've been looking for fun, new reads to pre-order.

    Thanks for this!

    Meghann D.
    http://absconditas.com

    PS. New follower, here!

    ReplyDelete
  4. great wow chick.

    heres mine
    http://satinsbookishcorner.blogspot.com/2011/06/waiting-on-wednesday_15.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay! Lots of teen angst! Gotta love it! Great pick, thanks for sharing! I had heard a little about this book, but I'll have to add it to my To-Read pile now!

    Check out our WoW picks!
    http://sashandem.blogspot.com/

    New Follower!

    -Em

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've heard some great things about this one! Can't wait. Please check out my pick!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi

    I really want to read this book too! Great choice.
    It's great to have something to look forward to, even though the wait can be hard.

    Thank you for sharing.

    I'm a new follower^^

    My WOW for today

    Have a great day!

    Mysteriousbooks

    ReplyDelete
  8. I loved the first novel, and can't wait to dive into Fins are Forever.


    Here's my W.O.W : http://mochalattereads.blogspot.com/2011/06/waiting-on-wednesday10.html

    -Mocha from A Cupcake and A Latte: YA Reads, Reviews & More!.

    ReplyDelete