Top Ten Tuesday: Ten Series I Had A Hard Time Finishing

by - September 05, 2017



Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme created and hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. Each week will be a different Top Ten list. Everyone is welcome to join and link up.

This week is: Ten Series I Had A Hard Time Finishing: What series did I stop reading or struggled to finish
For this week I went with series that just to me were blah. These were series that I was excited to read, where I read the first book and with some even more books but couldn’t really get into it.

 
1.      Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter by Laurell K. Hamilton (Link)
This was a weird one because I didn’t really like Anita and her parts were hard to get through but its told from her point of view. So you see why it was weird. Each book got better though not by much. I started to like Anita then the author ruined it. She slowly killed everything that was true to Anita and it took the series down. I haven’t read pass book 17 and the series is still on going so I guess someone likes it.

2.     Vampire Huntress by L.A. Banks (Link).
This was a series I have the first seven on my shelves still. It had a concept that wasn’t new yet was at the same time, if that makes sense. The first couple of books weren’t that good but they had promise. Each book got better until it didn’t. I got so fed up that I put it down and never picked it back up.

3.      Wicked by Nancy Holder & Debbie Viguié (Link).
This series sounds good and I was looking forward to reading it but nope. Just nope.

4.     The Vampire Diaries by L.J. Smith (Link).
When I read the series there were only four books, no spin off and there was only talk of a television show. I did not like the series at all even though I finished it. L.J. Smith seems to be hit or miss with me because I loved both her Night World books (where the hell is the last book) and her Secret Circle series, there are series that I just don’t like. And sadly this was one of them.
 
5.     Dark Visions by L.J. Smith (Link)
She has two entries on this list but what can I say. I read the series and disliked them so much I took the books back.

6.     Rosemary Beach by Abbi Glines (Link)
Abbie has a series that I really enjoy and the first books in her series I tend to really like but they never follow through with the feelings from the first book. I started to get bored and really annoyed with her characters, so much so that the book and rest of the series becomes a turn off.

7.      The Immortals by Alyson Noel (Link)
This series had promise. It was a fresh idea and it was told well, I just had a hard time caring enough to keep going.

8.     The Wolves of Mercy Falls by Maggie Stiefvater (Link)
This wasn’t one for me at all. It was okay though.

9.     Uglies by Scott Westerfeld (Link)
From the first chapter of the first book I knew it wasn’t a series I was going to love but I at least thought I would enjoy it more.

10.   Ghetto Girls by Anthony Whyte (Link)   
I used to live for books in the urban fiction genre. It was actually a urban fiction book that made me loves books. So I’m not sure why this series rubbed me the wrong way.

You May Also Like

6 comments

  1. I stopped reading Hamilton's Anita Blake series somewhere along the way too. I liked the series early on. I haven't read any of the other series you mention, other than trying the first book of The Vampire Diaries, which I hated. Another series I gave up on was Patricia Cornewell's Kay Scarpetta series. I had really liked that series for a long while.

    Great topic choice for this week! I hope you have a great rest of the week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The only series you've mentioned that I've read is Uglies which is one of my favourites, but I read it so long ago I can't really remember if I struggled with it or not.

    I think the only series I've given up on is the Morganville Vampires series because I wasn't impressed with the first book enough to want to continue on with the rest of the series.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I read to around book nine or ten in the Anita Blake series too? I actually did like Anita at first but I just hated everything the author did with the characters after a while.

    My TTT this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, that was exactly why I stopped reading the Anita Blake series as well.

    Here is our Top Ten Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I liked the first Uglies book but everything went downhill from there!
    My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2017/09/05/top-ten-tuesday-123/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just before I started watching TVD on tv a friend of mine recommended the book - I read the first one and didn't like it. I do like the show, though.

    Lauren @ Always Me

    ReplyDelete