Top Ten Tuesday: I Dislike/Hated But

by - May 15, 2018

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme created by The Broke and the Bookish in June of 2010 and was moved to and is now hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl in January of 2018. Each week will be a different Top Ten list. Everyone is welcome to join and link up. 

This week is: Books I Disliked/Hated But Am Really Glad I Read
Honestly these are the only ones I could find because usually when I dislike/hate a book I’m never glad that I read it

*This list is no specific order*
*Click book title or series for Goodreads link

1.        Minion by L.A. Banks (Vampire Huntress #1)
I didn’t really like this book, it was okay enough, and had enough promise that I read the next few in the series but it . . .yeah. I gave up. The series started to get better than it got worse again.

2.      Voice of Dragons by Carrie Vaugh (Voices of Dragons #1)
Carrie Vaughn, I am a fan, but just not of this book. It wasn’t bad just didn’t do it for me.

3.       The Awakening / The Struggle by L.J. Smith (The Vampire Diaries #1-2)
I loved vampires at the point in my life when I read this book, I also read some of her books other and really liked them. But this one. . .Man I hate this book but I’m glad I read it, not sure why though.

4.      Never Too Far by Abbi Glines (Rosemary Beach #2)
I read this book. Couldn’t stand it and it might sound bad but I am glad I read it because it made my mind up to stay away from Abbi Glines books. I don’t think I’m the type of person her books are written for, if that makes sense.

5.      How to Marry a Millionaire Vampire by Kerrelyn Sparks (Love at Stake #1)
This book was one I didn’t hate but it just didn’t do it me.

6.      Dead Until Dark by Charlaine Harris (Sookie Stackhouse #1)
Everyone was telling me I had to read this book “this series is great”. Whatever. I’m glad I read it so that I can at least say I read it and didn’t like it, instead of not liking something I hadn’t read.

7.       Generation Dead by Daniel Waters (Generation Dead #1)
I am not a fan of zombies at all but I hadn’t read a zombie book, so how could I be sure I didn’t like them? This books helped with that

8.      Cum Laude by Cecily von Ziegesar
I read all of Gossip Girl and it’s spin offs. I was whatever about Gossip Girl, I really liked The It Girl and was back to whatever about the Gossip Girl reboot thing. I was confused whether me liking The It Girl a fluke or not. This book helped me realize it was.  

9.      Uglies by Scott Westerfeld (Uglies #2)
I don’t even know

10.   Hush, Hush by Becca Fitzpatrick (Hush, Hush #1)
I’m not sure about this one either

You May Also Like

6 comments

  1. The Hush, Hush series is my guilty pleasure. I know it's trash, but I kind of love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad I read the Uglies series too, although on reflection I don't think it's the best series.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great list! Now that I see it on you list I realized someting. I loved the first book in the Rosemary beach series and read the first 3 but strangly I never picked up the rest of it.maybe my subconscion is trying to tellme something. :)

    Here is my list: https://fantasyraiders.wordpress.com/2018/05/15/top-ten-tuesday-books-i-didliked-but-glad-i-read/#more-8338

    ReplyDelete
  4. You did not like Hush Hush?? I loved Patch! Is OK not all books are for everyone!
    My TTT.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I read Scott Westerfeld's Leviathan series and loved it. I was thinking of picking up another of his series but now I am wondering about this one. I can see it going really wrong, lol. Plus, I gotta say, I really dislike the cover art.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I liked the first Uglies book but wasn't so keen on the rest of the series.
    My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2018/05/15/top-ten-tuesday-159/

    ReplyDelete