Top Ten Tuesday: Page to Screen

by - May 14, 2019


Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme created by The Broke and the Bookish in June of 2010 and was moved to and is now hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl in January of 2018. Each week will be a different Top Ten list. Everyone is welcome to join and link up.

This week is: Page to Screen

Books that were turned into movies that I really enjoyed. 

The first couple of ones are my favorites

1.        The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini
I loved this book. I made me ugly cry, I was not ready for what was going on. This book was so well written. It is a sad book, I lost lie to you. That made me scared to watch the movie but it was well done too.
2.      Beastly by Alex Flinn
Alex Flinn is one my favorite authors for fairytale retellings. The movie followed the book closely and I was love both.
3.       The Lucky One by Nicholas Sparks
I watched the movie first and I can just say Zac Efron, my goodness. Both movie and book were really good. I will say there was a big part in the book that was changed for the movie, and I’m happy it did because I cried.
4.      Stardust by Neil Gaiman
Okay let me just I liked the book but I loved the movie. A few things were changed and I didn’t hate them.
5.      Beautiful Creatures by Kami Garcia & Margaret Stohl
This wasn’t a series that I loved but I did enjoy it and I felt the same about the movie. They were good and I am a fan.

Movies that were pretty exactly like the books
6.      Everything, Everything by Nicola Yoon
7.       Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead

These are movies that were good, that I really liked but left so much of the book out.
8.      Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs
9.      Eragon by Christopher Paolini
10.   The Golden Compass by Philip Pullman

You May Also Like

6 comments

  1. I loved Stardust, too. In fact I like the movie better than the book, a rarity. My twist: Good movies about famous authors

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really need to watch Everything, Everything! I really liked the book and I've heard good things about the adaptation! My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't think I've seen or read any of these (which is not surprising because I don't go to too many movies). My friend really wants me to read the Vampire Academy books.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I saw Beastly a while ago, but never read the book, glad to hear it was good.
    My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2019/05/14/top-ten-tuesday-211/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really enjoyed the Stardust movie, but I've never read the book! Here is our Top Ten Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children was a wonderful film.

    My TTT.

    ReplyDelete