Can't-Wait Wednesday: Smoke Bitten

by - March 11, 2020


Can't-Wait Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Wishing Endings to spotlight and talk about the books we're excited about that we have yet to read. Generally they're books that have yet to be released as well. It's based on Waiting on Wednesday, hosted by the fabulous Jill at Breaking the Spine. Find out more here.

SMOKE BITTEN BY PATRICA BRIGGS
Mercy Thompson #12
Hardcover, 352 Pages
Paranormal, Science Fiction & Fantasy
Publisher: Ace
Release Date: February 17th, 2020
Pre-order: Amazon & Barnes and Noble

SPOILER! This is the last book in the series so if you don’t want to know what it

From Goodreads: Link
Mercy Thompson, car mechanic and shapeshifter, faces a threat unlike any other in this thrilling entry in the #1 New York Times bestselling series.

I am Mercedes Athena Thompson Hauptman.

My only “superpowers” are that I turn into a thirty-five pound coyote and fix Volkswagens. But I have friends in odd places and a pack of werewolves at my back. It looks like I’m going to need them.

Centuries ago, the fae dwelt in Underhill–until she locked her doors against them. They left behind their great castles and troves of magical artifacts. They abandoned their prisoners and their pets. Without the fae to mind them, those creatures who remained behind roamed freely through Underhill wreaking havoc. Only the deadliest survived.

Now one of those prisoners has escaped. It can look like anyone, any creature it chooses. But if it bites you, it controls you. It lives for chaos and destruction. It can make you do anything–even kill the person you love the most. Now it is here, in the Tri-Cities. In my territory.

It won’t, can’t, remain.

Not if I have anything to say about it.

To learn about books by and/or Patricia Briggs please visit this website

You May Also Like

5 comments

  1. I'm about 3 book behind on this series but it still remains one of my faves. And I ADORE all the covers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been seeing this one advertised a lot lately. Hope you get it soon!
    Check out Lisa Loves Literature's Wednesday post

    ReplyDelete
  3. I’ve heard such great things about this series and this sound really good. Hope you get to enjoy it soon.

    My CWW

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't been keeping up with the Mercy Thompson series. I really need to get back to that series! Great pick!

    Here’s my WoW!

    Ronyell @ Rabbit Ears Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those smoking holes on her look intriguing. This is a new series to me, but sounds good. I hope this last book is everything you want it to be!

    Tressa @ Wishful Endings

    ReplyDelete