Review: Ghost Huntress: The Awakening

by - December 10, 2010


The Awakening 
Marley Gibson 
Ghost Huntress Book 1
Young Adult, Supernatural
Published by Graphia, Penguin Group (USA)
ISBN-13: 978-054715-093-2
Overall Rating: 4.5 


               Sixteen year old Kendall Moorehead and her family picks up and moves from Chicago to Radisson Georgia, a small town. Then she finds out she can see and talk to the dead, so she and a few friends think it’s a good idea to help to the dead find peace. But like every teen book there's some romance, drama, finding yourself, and dealing with the parents who just don't understand you. All in all this was a good read and I'm glad I read it.

               I wasn't so sure that I would like this book, because I'm not really into the whole ghost thing. But I did like it a lot. The story was a good one. Teens can relate to the whole not being who you thought you were, and having people not understand you or thinking you’re crazy. I'm looking forward to the next one because I think I know what the big secret. 

               This book was fun, fresh, fast pace and maybe even a little spooky. The characters were likable, and easily relatable. There were a lot of different emotions and issues Kendall had to deal with and it was nice to see the way she dealt with them. Pick up this book and enjoy a nice quick read. 

You May Also Like

0 comments