Review: Perfectly Invisible

by - July 28, 2011

Perfectly Invisible
Kristin Billerback
Reading level: Young Adult
Paperback: 267 pages
Published by Revell
ISBN: 978-0-80071-973-9
Release Date: July 1, 2011
Overall Rating: 3.5/5  


Life after high school is so close . . . and yet so very far away.

                Daisy Crispin is in her final semester of high school, and she plans to make it count. Her long-awaited freedom is mere months away, and her big plans for college loom in the future. Everything is under control.

Or is it?

Her boyfriend is treating her like she's invisible, and her best friend is making her sell bad costume jewelry in the school quad—and hanging out with her boyfriend. To top it off, Daisy's major humiliation of the year will be remembered in the yearbook for all eternity. It's enough to make her wonder if maybe being invisible isn't so bad after all.

Can Daisy get her life back on track? Or is she stuck in this town forever?

My thoughts:

Well I don’t really know where to start with this one though I have to tell you my feelings about this book were mixed, I hated it and really liked it at the same time if that makes any sense. Let me try to explain I really enjoyed the book but there were things about it that had me wanting to scream at the characters. Nothing ever seems to go Daisy’s way and she seems to blame everyone else for her problems. There were also things about Daisy that made me want to slap her, hard. The fact that she didn’t really stand up for herself made me mad to no end, and I don’t mean with bullies or that sort of thing I meant with her parents and her friends.

I felt bad for Daisy sometimes especially with her parents who didn’t really let her grow and make her own choices. They treated her like a child, like a person who didn’t know her own mind. And Daisy never said anything to them about how she was feeling. But other time I wanted to shake Daisy until she realized everything was not about her.

The one thing I really couldn’t understand was the relationship between Daisy and her “best friend” Claire. I just don’t understand why that even came to be, Claire was not a person I would hang out with because I would slap her. Claire wasn’t overly nice to a person that’s supposed to be her best friend.

Something about Daisy calls to the teenager in all of us, we’ve all been there, wanting things to go our way of all the time, seeing everything in life as unfair, feeling like no one has any idea what we’re going through.
Overall I did enjoy the book, the fact that I liked it really caught me off good. But it was good for nice quick read.

{Disclaimer: I received this book from Revell in order to enable my review. All opinions presented here are my own.}

You May Also Like

0 comments