Waiting on Wednesday: School Spirits

by - May 08, 2013



Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Breaking the Spine that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

SCHOOL SPIRITS BY RACHEL HAWKINS
School Spirits Book 1
Hardcover, 304 Pages
Young Adult, Fantasy
Publisher: Disney-Hyperion
May 14th 2013

From Goodreads:

 

Fifteen-year-old Izzy Brannick was trained to fight monsters. For centuries, her family has hunted magical creatures. But when Izzy’s older sister vanishes without a trace while on a job, Izzy's mom decides they need to take a break.

Izzy and her mom move to a new town, but they soon discover it’s not as normal as it appears. A series of hauntings has been plaguing the local high school, and Izzy is determined to prove her worth and investigate. But assuming the guise of an average teenager is easier said than done. For a tough girl who's always been on her own, it’s strange to suddenly make friends and maybe even have a crush.

Can Izzy trust her new friends to help find the secret behind the hauntings before more people get hurt? 

 

To learn about Rachel Hawkins and her books please visit her website




You May Also Like

5 comments

  1. I've heard amazing things about Rachel's series, so I may have to start that series before I start this one. Thanks for sharing!

    Krystianna @ Downright Dystopian

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! Next week! *dances around* I'm so excited! I feel like we've been waiting for this one FOR.EV.ER! Know what I'm sayin'? Great pick!

    Courtney @ Fuzzy.Coffee.Books

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really loved the Hex Hall series and also look forward to reading this one as well. Awesome pick!

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  4. First I think the cover is awesome! Add in the factor that there are ghosts or other things that haunt others: awesome :) I love reading anything paranormal. This is definitely going to be my next read. Awesome pick.

    ReplyDelete