Top Ten Tuesday: Back to School

by - August 28, 2018


Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme created by The Broke and the Bookish in June of 2010 and was moved to and is now hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl in January of 2018. Each week will be a different Top Ten list. Everyone is welcome to join and link up. 

This week is: Back to School/learning Freebie 

For this week since it is a freebie I picked books that are about Boarding/Private schools. This week has made me look at books that I love or at least really like and now I want to reread them all, though I can’t. I’m back to school and all I want is to stay home and read these books. For this list I picked out books that are a part of series and the particular book really stood out to me, or it was the series as a whole that I am mentioning
.
*This list is no specific order*
*Click book title or series for Goodreads link

1.        Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins (Anna and the French Kiss #1)
The whole series is good but honestly the book was everything. I can’t tell you how many times I’ve read it. And let me just say this one thing, Étienne St. Clair. That is all.

2.      Private series by Kate Brian
This is a series I randomly found and loved it. Though I’ll admit the last two (?) books I think it was came out of nowhere with the magic. But its still a good series. 

3.       Mythos Academy series by Jennifer Estep
I absolutely love this series. Everything about it is perfect. 

4.      It Girl series by Cecily von Ziegesar
This is a Gossip Girl spin off series about Jenny, Dan’s little sister. I honestly enjoyed this series more than I did GG. 

5.      Marked by P.C. Cast (House of Night #1)
I really liked the world and everything this series setup. This might be my favorite book in the series, well at least of the books that I had read. 

6.      Vampire Academy series by Richelle Mead
Honestly, is there anyone who hasn’t read this series, and If so why not? 

7.       Gallagher Girls series by Ally Carter
A private school for rich girls that is really a cover for a spy school, what’s not to love. This is a really good series, if you haven’t read it please check it out. 

8.      Covenant series by Jennifer L. Armentrout
This was the first series by her that I’ve read and I’m so happy because she’s definitely one of my favorite authors.

9.      Dark Summer by Lizzy Ford (Witchling #1)
“A school for Witchlings” I don’t remember how I came across this book but I’m glad I did. Not just for this book alone but because it introduced me to the author Lizzy Ford, she’s so good. 

10.   Otherkin by Nina Berry (Otherkin #1)
Okay, so I’ll be honest. I know I loved this book, but I can’t really remember it. In my head they were at a school, I’m pretty sure it was a school, but I could be wrong. It was still a good book.

You May Also Like

9 comments

  1. I should have selected BOARDING SCHOOLs for my topic. I can think of lots of examples. Though I haven't read your examples. School related TTT

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't know there was a spin off series about Jenny! Interesting! Fantastic list. My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Proud Vampire Academy fan here!

    My TTT https://wp.me/p3ftwe-WI

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've read and enjoyed the Vampire Academy series. I'd like to check out the Mythos Academy series. Here is our Top Ten Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
  5. Boarding school seems to be a popular topic this week. Vampire Academy seems to be a popular book for the lists this week too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love boarding school books! I think my favorite is The Disreputable History of Frankie Landau-Banks by E. Lockhart.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I want to read Anna and the French Kiss, a lot seem to like it. Great list to this weeks topic.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I haven't read any of the books in your post this week... All new ones to explore!

    Here's a link to my TTT post for this week: https://captivatedreader.blogspot.com/2018/08/top-ten-tuesday-back-to-schoollearning.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. I want to read the Vampire academy series at some point. Vampires plus school? Yes please. :)

    ReplyDelete