T.G.I.F (11)

by - September 30, 2011

TGIF is a fun little feature hosted at Ginger @ GReads! Every week we re-cap what has happened on the blog plus Ginger asks a question for us to answer. This week’s question is: Banned Book: 
 How do you feel about the censorship of freedom to read? Do you think the education system needs to be more strict on what books children are exposed to in book? 


I love this question. As a person whose only been out of school for four years I totally relate to this question. The education system should only be strict on books when it comes to school required reading. 


I am definitely pro reading and I believe people should be able to read whatever they want without anyone telling them otherwise, I don't care who they are. Be it teachers, friends, family, parents, or the mailman. The education system should only be able to hand you a list and say "these are the only books your allowed to read as far as school goes." Outside of the classroom that's a whole other ball game one where they have no say. Book are informative and entertaining, they offer some a kind of escape and no one should be denied that. Now I will say this I think people have to be mature enough to read certain books, and they doesn't mean you have to an adult. You only have to be wise enough understand that what you read doesn't change who you are. Reading certain kinds of books won't make you gay, a slut, pregnant, a criminal, or make you use drugs. That's just the way I see it. 




This Week at The Bo0ki3

You May Also Like

2 comments

  1. I loved this particular line from your answer: "You only have to be wise enough to understand that what you read doesn't change who you are." It's a beautiful way to express your sentiments and I definitely agree!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with your pov on book banning. It is subjective and it shouldn't be left up to some individuals to decide what should be banned. It should be up to the person or the parents if it's a child.

    Happy Friday!

    JJ iReads
    My Friday Post

    ReplyDelete