2nd Annual End Of Year Book Survey

by - December 22, 2011


2011 is coming to an end so its time for Jamie from The Perpetual Page-Turner 2nd Annual End of Year Book Survey. This is my first year doing this. I’ve read the questions and I found it hard to pick just one book, so I put down a few. You should most definitely take the survey then head over to The Perpetual Page-Turner link up



1. Best Book You Read In 2011? 
Tiger’s Curse by Colleen Houck
Carrier of the Mark by Leigh Fallon
Magic Slays by Ilona Andrews

2. Most Disappointing Book/Book You Wish You Loved More Than You Did?
Eros, My Love by April Bostic. It had the makings of a great story but it fell through, I couldn’t wait to read it, I love Greek Mythology so I was happy then I read it. It was too short and. . .  I can’t even think of another word. 

3. Most surprising (in a good way!) book of 2011?
Fifty Shades Darker by E.L. James
Beautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuire

4. Book you recommended to people most in 2011?
The whole Magnus Pack/Pride Series by Shelly Laurenston.
Tiger Saga by Colleen Houck

5. Best series you discovered in 2011?
Tiger Saga by Colleen Houck.
River of Time by Lisa Tawn Bergren
Charley Davidson by Darynda Jones
Fifty Shades by E.L. James
Tales of Lunarmorte by Samantha Young
Black Wings by Christina Henry

6. Favorite new authors you discovered in 2011?
Jamie McGuire
Abbi Glines
Jennifer Estep
Christina Henry

7. Best book that was out of your comfort zone or was a new genre for you?
Save the Date by Jenny B. Jones. It’s a Christina book and honestly I usually stay away from those, but I got this one to review and I fell in love with it. You can read my review here.

8. Most thrilling, unputdownable book in 2011?
The Pledge by Kimberly Derting.
Succubus Revealed by Richelle Mead
Pale Demon by Kim Harrison

9. Book you most anticipated in 2011?
Big Bad Beast by Shelly Laurenston
Son of Neptune by Rick Riordan
Succubus Revealed by Richelle Mead


10. Favorite cover of a book you read in 2011?
 

This was a hard one for me because if you look all of the covers are pretty much the same, so my favorite covers would have to be different and stand out. The cover for First Grave on the Right by Darynda Jones, did just that.


But there was also the cover of Prince of Wolves by Quinn Loftis, something about that eye calls out to me and makes take notices.


11. Most memorable character in 2011? 
Charley Davidson From First Grave on the Right
Christian Grey from Fifty Shades

12. Most beautifully written book read in 2011?
Going Too Far by Jennifer Echols
Wake Unto Me by Lisa Cach
Timeless by Alexandra Monir

13. Book that had the greatest impact on you in 2011? 
Beautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuire. The relations between two pretty messed people was deep and reading them both mess up and try to fix it was amazing. 

14. Book you can't believe you waited UNTIL 2011 to finally read? 
The whole Psy-Changeling series by Nalini Singh. What was a thinking, those book were amazing.

15. Favorite Passage/Quote From A Book You Read In 2011? 
“We will abide by the agreement of peaceful assembly” Curran said. “You’re free to leave. Go home, kiss your wives, hug your children, and put your affairs in order, because tomorrow I will burn your neighborhood to the ground. We will kill you, your families, your pets, and anyone who stands in our path. An attack on my family will not go unpunished.”
I have to say that was the most epic smack down ever. From Magic Slays {Kate Daniels Book 5} by Ilona Andrew

“Oliver” the man said, his voice causing ripples of sensation across my skin, “we at the I.S. think you’ve fucked this up far enough. If Rachel permanently eliminates the threat of this day-walking demon, no one will care if she’s the queen of the damned and eats live kittens for breakfast in front of kindergartners. You will leave her alone or you will find yourself disgraced.”
Epic. ‘Nuff said. From Pale Demon (The Hollows Book 9) by Kim Harrison

“You’re Jehovah’s Witnesses?”
They nodded.
This could be a good thing. Maybe they knew something I didn’t. “Perfect. Let me ask you", I said as the younger one in black let her gaze wander over my attire, which consisted of a Blue Oyster Cult T-shirt that advised people not to fear the reaper and a pair of plaid boxers, “as Jehovah’s Witnesses, what exactly have you witnessed?”
Seriously, a question I’ve always wanted to ask. From Second Grave on the Left (Charley Davidson Book 2) by Darynda Jones



16. Book That You Read In 2011 That Would Be Most Likely To Reread In 2012? 
Big Bad Beast by Shelly Laurenston, I seriously read that book almost every month since it released. 
Epic Fail by Claire. 
Succubus Revealed by Richelle Mead. 
And honestly of the books I own, I don’t buy a book if I don’t plan to reread it.  

17. Book That Had A Scene In It That Had You Reeling And Dying To Talk To Somebody About It? (a WTF moment, an epic revelation, a steamy kiss, etc. etc.) Be careful of spoilers!
The part in chapter one of The Mephisto Covenant by Trinity Faegen where they stoned the main character Sasha to death. I had to put the book and call my cousin on the phone to tell her what I had just read.

The last chapter of A Beautiful Dark by Jocelyn Davies. I sat there with my mouth open, I couldn’t believe things turned out that way.

 Book Blogging/Reading Life in 2011 (optional)


1. New favorite book blog you discovered in 2011? 
GReads

2. Favorite review that you wrote in 2011? 
I don’t have a favorite but the most fun review was for Demon Hunting in Dixie by Lexi George because whenever I started to write I would end up thinking about the book. It was so funny and cute.

3. Best discussion you had on your blog? 
Wow I don’t think I’ve ever had a discussion on my blog, something to look forward in 2012

4. Most thought-provoking review or discussion you read on somebody else's blog? 
It was a meme TGIF by Ginger @ GReads! She asked . .

 How do you feel about the censorship of freedom to read? Do you think the education system needs to be more strict on what books children are exposed to in book? 

You can find my answer here.

5. Best event that you participated in (author signings, festivals, virtual events, memes, etc.)?
I went my first ever book signing earlier this month so that was really cool. I meet Teri Woods and it was amazing. In My Mailbox and Tune-In/Teaser Tuesday is also awesome and I’m glad I joined in on them.

6. Best moment of book blogging in 2011?
When someone wrote me in an email and told me that she reads my blog. It was really mind blowing that someone liked what I doing let alone reading it. That meant a lot.

7. Most Popular Post This Year On Your Blog (whether it be by comments or views)?
Tune-In/Teaser Tuesdays are the one that gets the most everything, comments/views.

8. Post You Wished Got A Little More Love?
I wish some of my reviews get more love but honestly I’m just glad someone/anyone out there is reading what I’m writing.

9. Best bookish discover (book related sites, book stores, etc.)?
It was actually on Facebook that I came across a book page, and I’ve gotten to know some wonderful people who I can actually say are my friends. We talk about books, it good to have a group of friends who will get really excited with you about a book and not tell you to shut up.
 
10.  Did you complete any reading challenges or goals that you had set for yourself at the beginning of this year?
Actually I did. My goal this year was to read 220 books and as of right now I’ve read 280 books but the year isn’t over yet.


Looking Ahead... 


1. One Book You Didn't Get To In 2011 But Will Be Your Number 1 Priority in 2012?

This is a tough one because there are so many books I’ve wanted to read but haven’t. If I had to pick just one it would have to be The Hunger Game, I know it didn’t come out in 2011 but everyone has been telling me that I need to read it, so I will.


2. Book You Are Most Anticipating For 2012?

Perfect Blood (The Hollows #10) –Kim Harrison
Black Howl (Black Wings #3) –Christina Henry
Dark Frost (Mythos Academy #3) –Jennifer Estep
The Timekeeper (Timeless #2) –Alexandra Monir
Lover Reborn (Black Dagger Brotherhood #10) –J.R. Ward
Born of Silence (The League #6) Sherrilyn Kenyon

3. One Thing You Hope To Accomplish Or Do In Your Reading/Blogging In 2012?
I want to read more books outside of my comfort zone.

You May Also Like

0 comments