T.I.G.F. (16)

by - December 02, 2011


TGIF is a fun little feature hosted at Ginger @ GReads! Every week we re-cap what has happened on the blog plus Ginger asks a question for us to answer. This week’s question is: Writing Reviews 101: What's your process for writing book reviews? Any tips or suggestions you would recommend to other bloggers?




As always Ginger asked a very good question. One that I’ve had to sit down and really think about.

The first thing I do is read the book, I don’t read other reviews or even the synopsis because sometimes I judge the book by the way it’s described. After I’ve read the book I let what I read sit with me for at least a day, then I sit down and write my review. But really sometimes it takes me so long to write the review. I post them once in a while and I have no idea why. I read really fast but when it comes to writing a review it seriously takes me forever.

I will say this if you write a review it doesn’t have to be perfect, have big words or be overly sophisticated. Also tell the truth, don’t think just because you may have gotten the book from the author your review should be a good one. If you didn't like the book say that and say why but don't be mean about it. You should never read other reviews before you read the book or are writing the review. It’s best not to let anything influence you in any way. 



This Week at The Bo0ki3

You May Also Like

1 comments

  1. I agree with what you had to say about not getting too much influence from what other people thought. Your reviews are based on your own opinions, as they are personal expressions of what you think :)

    ReplyDelete