Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme created and hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. Each week will be a different Top Ten list. Everyone is welcome to join and link up.
This week is: Top Ten Things That Will Make Me Instantly NOT Want To Read A Book
This is kind of a hard one for me because I get annoyed fast but that’s once I picked up and started reading the book but what would make not want to read at all? I really had to sit down and think about one.
1. Zombies: Zombies in any form, any type I don’t care about. I think I’ve read one and seen two movies about Zombies. I’m just not a fan.
2. Cheating: Seriously cheating is huge issues for me. I completely understand if the characters fall in love with someone else, but don’t cheat. “Only, there’s a complication to their instant feelings for one another—Will, Tru’s boyfriend of two years.” That was in the synopses of a book. No, I don’t think so, it’s not okay.
3. Step-Siblings: I don’t care that, they don’t share blood, if your parents are married and you all live in the same house, you are family. Move on.
4. My best friend’s Ex: They dated for three years but I like him. How is that okay?
5. Thrillers/Horror: No reason why I’m just not a fan
6. Molly McAdams: To be fair it was a long time along so I should be over it by now but clearly I am not. I started Molly’s book Taking Chance when it was released but I didn’t like the writing or the characters, so I stopped. A friend told me how it ended and I was glad I didn’t finish it. The ending made me so mad that whenever I see her name on a book I think of that book and then I get upset.
7. Autobiographies: I just don’t care to read about real people, and sometimes their stories don’t seem believable.
8. Religious Fiction: I think this one is more about me not being religious in any way so I don’t care to read about it.
9. BDSM: I feel like ever since Fifty Shade blew up the way it did, I’ve seen more and more of books like this. But I feel like they only touch on the basics of the lifestyle. They classify as BDSM but they only like to be tied up and blindfolded, it seems very generic.
10. Revenge: I’m not sure why but I’m not a fan of ‘you hurt me in fourth grade, so years later I’m going to get you back’ type books. I do know that not all revenge books are like that but I still won’t read them.