Top Ten Tuesday
Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme created and hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. Each week will be a different Top Ten list. Everyone is welcome to join and link up.
This week is: Ten Things On Our Reading List. Things I want to see more of in books.
1. Non-heterosexual Main Characters: I don’t want there to be some big deal about it either. I want it to a normal thing. And I don’t want the book to sectioned off in a little corner labeled “LGBT Section” like it’s something to be ashamed of.
2. Diversity: I want to read about all kinds of characters, that come in all shapes, sizes, families, backgrounds, religions, and color. And I don’t want these characters to check off some stereotypical box.
3. Strippers: What can I say, I apparently have a thing for strippers that I didn’t know about. I feel like strippers get a bad rap.
4. Gargoyles: I didn’t know I needed gargoyles in life until I read ‘White Hot Kiss’ by Jennifer L. Armentrout. If you haven’t read it, what are you waiting for?
5. Demons: They are another group that gets a bad rap. And I’m not talking about scary, fire breathing, climbing out of Hell type demons, though fire-breathing is pretty cool. Demons are people too, they need love.
6. Women with Swords: What’s cooler than a badass woman wielding a sword? Nothing.
7. Supernatural Boarding Schools: I know there are books out there that fit this bill, but what can I say I want more.
8. Secret Societies: After reading ‘Secret Society Girl’ by Diana Peterfreund, I realized this was something that I really enjoyed and something I didn’t read about a lot.
9. Grim Reapers: Give me more books about some living person seeing ghost and helping the dead travel to the afterlife. Why not
10. Real Couples: What I mean by this is couples who are more than just romantically together. I want to see couples who understand and except each other down to their most basic level. (I hope that make sense. Sometimes I don’t make sense a lot.)