Top Ten Tuesday: Goals

by - January 16, 2018



Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme created by The Broke and the Bookish in June of 2010 and was moved to and is now hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl in January of 2018. Each week will be a different Top Ten list. Everyone is welcome to join and link up.

This week is: Bookish Resolutions/Goals 

Usually I do the Goodreads challenge and set a high number, one year I set myself up to read 400 books not including the books that I reread that year. I ended up reading more than 400. Lately because of school and feeling a little burned out with reading I have read FAR less than normal. This year instead of setting a number goal for myself I have a list.


1.      Read a book published before 2010
2.     Read a book that I have started before but different finish
3.      Read a book that will become a movie in 2018
4.     Read a book that I have owned for more than a year
5.     Read the next book in a series that I have already started
6.     Read a book with over 500 pages
7.      Read a book recommended by a favorite author
8.     Read a book of short stories
9.     Read a least one book a month
10.   Read more books over all

You May Also Like

17 comments

  1. Numbers three and four should be on mine too! I try to make it a "rule" to read any book I want to see as a film adaptation PRIOR to seeing the film. But sometimes that doesn't quite work out.

    ...also, YES! That tenth resolution, it's on my list too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this list. It's great. Number 4 could apply to a lot of books around my place. :) Good luck with all your goals.

    https://thebookconnectionccm.blogspot.com/2018/01/top-ten-tuesday-top-ten-bookish.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent and doable goals. I like your style.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous list. I think these goals will be achievable. Good luck with them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great list! I should do number four as well. I have several books that have been sitting on my shelf for more than a year that I need to read. Here is our Top Ten Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice goals, but remember to have fun with it! And reading a book written before 2010 - go for it!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the way you've done this list, I do set myself a number every year, but you're right it does get stressful!
    My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2018/01/16/top-ten-tuesday-142/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ahh seems like a nice list of goals. And you read 400 books? That is really incredible. I hardly manage to read 50 books :D

    I hope you accomplish all of your goals this year :)

    This week I have posted my top ten bookish pet peeves. My TTT: http://flippingthruthepages.com/2018/01/top-ten-bookish-pet-peeves/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Haha, what a neat goal list! I like #s 1, 3, & 4 in particular. Good luck with them!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks like you have some great goals! School killed my reading - especially during the last 2 years and it took me a year or two after graduating to really get back to my former pace. I like how specific your goals are! I need to add some page count goals. I tend to chicken out if a book is over 500 pages but that would push me to actually get some chunksters on my list read.

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are really good goals, and I think I'm going to have to steal some of them. I'm terrible at reading both large books AND older books, so I might have a look through my TBR and see if I can find a 500 page book from before 2010...

    You can see my bookish resolutions here.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great list! I need to read more books over 500 pages too!

    Here’s my TTT!

    Ronyell @ Rabbit Ears Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
  13. good luck with your bookish goals.. i think i need to make mine a little more specific too:)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Those are some good goals, definitely achievable. I can't imagine ever reading 400 books in a year!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh lots of these sounds amazing, specifically reading books I've owned for over a year! Oh and of course reading books before the movies come out!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Good luck with your goals! I`m trying to read more big books this year as well, and that` why my Goodreads reading challenge is 24 books. I`m sure I`ll read more, but I want to focus on quality rather than on quantity.

    Carmen`s Reading Corner

    ReplyDelete