Top Ten Tuesday: Can't Believe

by - January 30, 2018



Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme created by The Broke and the Bookish in June of 2010 and was moved to and is now hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl in January of 2018. Each week will be a different Top Ten list. Everyone is welcome to join and link up.

This week is: Books I Can’t Believe I’ve Read

*This list is no specific order*
*Click book title or series for Goodreads link

1.      Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone by J.K. Rowling.
This book honestly changed my life, not to sound dramatic or anything. I can’t believe I read it because before I read this book I only read urban Fiction books. Realizing I was a fan of the supernatural changed the type of books I read, movies I watched , TV shows I watched and many other things.  

2.     Save the Date by Jenny B. Jones.
I was surprised by this one because I don’t like to read books with a heavy religious theme or Christian Fiction. I got this book for review and I ended up loving it. 

3.      A Child Called "It"  by Dave Pelzer

Someone told me what this book was about, they said it was good and I should read it. I went into this knowing it was sad, depressing and would make it cry yet I still read it. I can’t believe I put myself through that.

 

4.     The A-List by Zoey Dean.

This series is literally Gossip Girl in California (Beverly Hills) and even knowing that I didn’t want to read more Gossip Girl, I read the whole series. And actually liked it better than Gossip Girl, so there is a bright side.

 

5.     The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini.

This was one  I read in high school. One of my teachers said we were going to read it and  it happened to be on sale at Barnes and Noble so I got it. Really liked it. Even though it typically the type of book I stay away from.

 

6.     From Pieces to Weight: Once Upon a Time in Southside Queens by 50 Cent & Kris Ex

I DO NOT READ autobiographies. But at the time I was a huge fan of 50 Cent and when he said he was putting a book I got it the same day.

 

7.      The Awakening by Marley Gibson.

Ghost. Ghost Hunters. Not my thing. I can’t even remember how I found this book but I did and really liked it. The whole series was well written and enjoyable. 

 

8.     Bleed by Laurie Faria Stolarz

This is an author that I’ve read before so when I saw another one of her books I said cool and read it. Listen, by chapter four I was wondering what the hell was going on and why I was still reading. I ended up reading the whole thing, in the end I was mad at myself for reading it, the book for putting through that nothingness, and the author for writing it. I honestly hate that book

 

9.     The Awakening / The Struggle by L.J. Smith.

This is The Vampire Diaries books 1  & 2 combined. The show was coming out so I wanted to read the books and on top of that I loved her Secret Circle books. I was in the middle of book when I realized I didn’t like it,  but momma didn’t raise no quitter so I finished the book, and the next three. I didn’t like any of them.

 

10.   Fifty Shades of Grey by E.L. James

I couldn’t believe I read this because I don’t really need ALL of that sex in my books. It was a lot, and the book isn’t that good if I’m being honest. Also Christian Grey is a little bit of a stalker and I’m not a fan of stalkers.

You May Also Like

8 comments

  1. A Child Called It is a heartbreaking read. I should have put that one on my list too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I considered adding A CHILD CALLED IT to my list, too. Some say the story is made up. It does seem terribly awful. My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've seen quite a few people with 50 Shades on their list - I'm not sure whether it's making me more or less interested in reading them!

    Here's my TTT.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you ended up loving Harry Potter!
    My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2018/01/30/top-ten-tuesday-144/

    ReplyDelete
  5. A Child Called It was such a tough read. I'm so glad the author of it survived his horrific childhood.

    Here is our Top Ten Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loved the Secret Circle too! Although, I'm old enough that they came out when I was in high school. I liked the original Vampire Diaries when they came out, but Secret Circle was my jam.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Harry Potter will always be my top fave. I've heard of A CHILD CALLED IT, but I've never read it. 50 SHADES, don't even get me started on that trash lol. My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  8. The Kite Runner is definitely on my TBR. I hope I can read it this year :)
    And also I can understand why you put Fifty Shades of Grey into the list :D It made it to my list too, though my list is about a different topic today :)
    Here's my TTT: http://flippingthruthepages.com/2018/01/five-famous-book-series-wont-reading-anytime-soon/

    ReplyDelete