Review: Night Sky

by - April 11, 2012


Night Sky 
Jolene B. Perry
Ebook Format
Publisher: Tribute Books
ISBN: 9-780-98374-186-2
Release Date: March 1, 2012
Overall Rating: 4/5 


Girl I’ve loved, girl I’m falling for. Now that they’re both in view, the problem is clear.

            After losing Sarah, the friend he’s loved, to some other guy, Jameson meets Sky. Her Native American roots, fluid movements, and need for brutal honesty become addictive fast. This is good. Jameson needs distraction – his dad leaves for another woman, his mom’s walking around like a zombie, and Sarah’s new boyfriend can’t keep his hands off of her.
            As he spends time with Sky and learns about her village, her totems, and her friends with drums - she's way more than distraction. Jameson's falling for her fast.
            But Sky’s need for honesty somehow doesn’t extend to her life story – and Jameson just may need more than his new girl to keep him distracted from the disaster of his senior year.

When I first heard about this book I was thinking oh this is another book about boy loves girl, she loves someone else, and then new girl comes, read it before but it might be good. Well sure there was some of that but Night Sky completely caught me off guard, it wasn’t what I was expecting at all. Sky took me by surprise in so many ways, she was not the girl I was expecting. Night Sky wasn’t the popcorn young adult contemporary book I thought it would be, no it was emotional, intense, wonderful and just a little shocking.

I really liked Jameson, he seemed like someone I could be friends with, I can’t see anyone reading this book and not liking Jameson. He was a person who faced things head-on and was able to adapt to whatever situation he was thrown in. He was sweet and caring which was great to read. Sky was caring, honest, and really just great. While the two had an easy relationship it was really tested in ways that we never saw coming.

This was truly a great book one that everyone should, it was make you want to be more honest with the people in your life.


You May Also Like

1 comments

  1. La'Tia, thanks for saying that "Night Sky" isn't your typical YA fluffy popcorn novel, but one that has great depth and staying power. We appreciate your remarks.

    ReplyDelete