Someone Else's Fairytale Review

by - April 19, 2012


Someone Else’s Fairytale
E.M. Tippett
Ebook format
Self-Published
ISBN: 9-781-46595-059-8
Release Date: December 6th 2011
Overall Rating: 5/5 
 

Jason Vanderholt, Hollywood's hottest actor, falls head over heels for everygirl, Chloe Winters, who hasn't gotten around to watching most of his movies. It's the ideal fairytale... for most people. The last thing Chloe needs is public attention. It brings back dangers from the past that she's worked her whole life to escape.

First off, amazing. I honestly can’t stress enough how truly good this book was. It seriously blew my mind. I have this obsession with books about celebrities and regular everyday people, and all of the ones I’ve been reading lately are cute and fluffy, with this sweet storyline but this one, *sigh* this one was different. What really did me in was the fact that it was more than cute and sweet, it was deep and intense with just enough pain and heartache to make me cry a little which I never do. Ever.

The real reason I wanted to read this book was because it seemed similar to a favorite of mine Love Unscripted by Tina Reber, and while the main plot of a romance with an actor was similar that is really where the likeness stopped. After only reading a few pages of Someone Else’s Fairytale I forgot about everything else, and other books and focused what was in front of me. I started the book as soon as I got it and didn’t stop until it was done. It was well written and had just the right amount of details, I wasn’t bored by what was told or upset by what wasn’t. It had me guessing and took me on wild ride of emotions.


The characters, no matter how big or how small I felt like all of the character bought something really important to the book, which to me made me more enjoyable. Jason Vanderholt, super actor and every girl’s dream, was more than he seemed. Jason’s whole life is in the public eye, so he has to hide who he really is so he can have some kind of private life. I liked him and could understand what it was about him that made the girls swoon. Chloe Winters, this girl will forever hold please on my list of kick ass heroines. While she might not be kick ass in the same sense as the others on the list but she was amazing none the less. She’s strong and smart, and it’s honestly not surprise why Jason fell for her. The two of them find in each other a way save one another. They face so much together, no matter what was thrown at them, the two kept fighting and always came back to each other.

No matter how much I love a book, something in it always seems to piss me off and this book was no different, Chloe’s past was the major thing that made me want to scream, but the reason I didn’t was Chloe, the way she moved on and went ahead and overcame everything that happened to her, had me taking off my hat and bowing to her. Pretty much everyone in her family upset me and not to mention her two best friends, ugh they made me want to spit (nasty, I know but still). Certain kinds of people I can’t tolerate and I found both Lori and Matt be those kinds of people.

Someone Else’s Fairytale was simply amazing, well written, charming, funny, sad, intense, painful, heartfelt, beautiful, and great. Ms. Tippett, obviously knows what she’s doing and has no problem showing us. She had no problem making the character feel real, she can twist plots and leave you wanting more. Don’t take my word for it? I dare you to read this book and not love it.

You can buy Someone Else’s Fairytale at the following places:



You May Also Like

1 comments

  1. This sounds like such a fun and great read! Thanks for the rec!

    ReplyDelete