T.G.I.F (14)

by - November 04, 2011

TGIF is a fun little feature hosted at Ginger @ GReads! Every week we re-cap what has happened on the blog plus Ginger asks a question for us to answer. This week’s question is: Gateway Book: Which particular books opened you up to a new genre?T

Good question.


Man I've read so many books its hard to remember all of them.  

I started reading books in the 7th grade, and what I read was urban fiction, the first book I've ever read on my own was True To the Game by Teri Woods. Honestly one of the best urban fictions books I've ever read. 



Chicken Soup for the Teenage Soul Opened my eyes to the Young Adult/Teen/Preteen books. Also adult books, contemporary romance, all together.  

Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone by J.K. Rowling opened my eyes and taste to everything, fantasy and make believe. I can tell you that after reading Harry Potter I read everything, witches, wizards, vampires, shifters, etc. 

I've always loved hearing about Greek Mythology but two books really made me fall in love with it. Percy Jackson and the Lightening Thief by Rick Riordan & Fantasy Lover by Sherrilyn Kenyon 
After reading these books if its mythology Greek, Romance, Egyptian, etc I'll read it. 




Skin by Karin Tabke is sooooooo good. I love it. It made me want to read erotica. This book was amazingly good.

Awakening by Wendy Corsi Staub was the first real book I've read about ghosts. There have been ghosts in other books but this was the first I've read about just ghosts.   

Keeping You A Secret by Julie Ann Peters, didn't really open me up the genre of Gay & Lesbian books but for some reason, it made me less . . . I wouldn't say ashamed to read them because I wasn't. I can't really think of a word, but it made me more open to reading them around other people. 




This Week at The Bo0ki3

You May Also Like

9 comments

  1. With my obession with mythology I really should start the Sherrilyn Kenyon series.

    Rie @ Mission to Read

    ReplyDelete
  2. New follower hoping you will follow me back at http://www.beckvalleybooks.blogspot.com thks in advance xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I forgot about the Percy Jackson books ... those are great. There aren't too many books about Greek Mythology (unless you count the textbook I read FOR my Greek Mythology university class, but it was pretty dry) ... these ones are definitely great! Happy FF! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Percy Jackson's a great pick! I love finding people who are fans of the series, just like me. Greek mythology has always been one of my favorite things to read -- and to have it brought into a more current setting and woven into a brilliant story is great.

    Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awakening sounds most like me, I like your mix.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have GOT to read The Coldest Winter Ever if you're into urban fiction!! But you probably read it already...but if you haven't read it!! Asap!!

    xo,
    Lah @ LazyGirl Reads

    ReplyDelete
  7. i'm reading The Lightning Thief right now and LOVING IT. i can see why it would be your gateway book.

    ReplyDelete