T.G.I.F (15)

by - November 10, 2011



TGIF is a fun little feature hosted at Ginger @ GReads! Every week we re-cap what has happened on the blog plus Ginger asks a question for us to answer. This week’s question is: Love-Hate Relationships: Which characters from a book do you love to hate?


As always Ginger asked a very good question. One that I’ve had to sit down and really think about.


Artemis from the Dark-Hunter series by Sherrilyn Kenyon. The Dark-Hunter series is one of my favorites. I love it and have every book. Now when I say Artemis, yes I mean the Greek goddess of the hunt, wild things, and the moon. In the series she is such a bitch, for lack of a better word. Her character is one that most of the time you want to hit or see hit by a bus. Then you see a softer side of her and for a moment you think she might change and you’ll like her but she then does something makes you want to hit her in the face. 
While Artemis is mentioned in all and appears in most of the books in the series you can really get a feel for her in these two. Devil May Cry and Acheron, by the way I love Acheron the character and the book. 


The next two characters are from the same series Black Dagger Brotherhood by J.R. Ward.

In the first book in the series we met Zsadist, who was mean and scary. I hated his attitude and his clear disrespect for everyone and everything even his own brother who clearly loved him more than his own life. Yet at the same time I wanted to know more about him and what made him tick. Then Z got his own book Lover Awakened and I changed my mind about him because we got to know him and what made him the way he was. Don't get me wrong he was still an asshole but we understood him and I've grown to actually like him though there are still times when I hate him.


I love all of the books in the Brotherhood series and never in a series have a loved all of the characters even the villains but somehow Ms. Ward made that happen. But there was Vishous, who is my favorite. I don’t hate V, at all it’s more like I hate that I love him. For some reason I love the bad boys, the characters you should hate but I can’t help but love them. He was rude, mean, nasty, scary, intimidating, and kind of an asshole so much that you wanted to shake him. Finally we learn about Vishous when he got his own book Lover Unbound a book that I can’t help reread. While Vishous is still those things I've named before we learned that he is also smart, sexy, mysterious, dangerous, deep, funny, amazing, and weird. I've learned that all of the best people are weird.


The next two characters are from the same series Midnight Breed by Lara Adrian. This series I found really similar to the Brotherhood but in a good way. The concepts of the books are similar but they each have their own style and are worth reading. You’ll love them.


There’s Tegan from Midnight Awakening who is the Vishous of this series so there’s no wonder why I can’t help but love him. He and Vishous share the same characteristics. Though that isn’t to say that he isn’t a great character on his own because he is. He is another one I hate that I love. Tegan is deep, witty, smart, kind of loner, mean, spiteful, kind in his own way, and wonderful.



And last but not least is Hunter who has his own book Deeper Than Midnight I haven’t read the book yet, its waiting on my shelf. But from the previous books we meet Hunter who was made to be a killer and he’s good at it but he’s tired of being used by other people. Hunter is a complex character one that any reader would be drawn to, he's another one I hate that I love. He is deep, quiet, never saying more than he has to and we know his deadly, but that's really all we know. I’ll admit I like a little mystery in my men and Hunter has just the right amount. 




This Week at The Bo0ki3




You May Also Like

0 comments