Can't-Wait Wednesday: We Set the Dark on Fire

by - February 06, 2019


Can't-Wait Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Wishing Endings to spotlight and talk about the books we're excited about that we have yet to read. Generally they're books that have yet to be released as well. It's based on Waiting on Wednesday, hosted by the fabulous Jill at Breaking the Spine. Find out more here.

WE SET THE DARK ON FIRE BY TEHLOR KAY MEJIA
We Set the Dark on Fire #1
Hardcover, 384 Pages
Young Adult, LGBT, Fantasy
Publisher: Katherine Tegen Books
Release Date: February 26th 2019
Pre-order: Amazon & Barnes and Noble

From Goodreads: Link

Society wife-in-training Dani has a great awakening after being recruited by rebel spies and falling for her biggest rival. 

At the Medio School for Girls, distinguished young women are trained for one of two roles in their polarized society. Depending on her specialization, a graduate will one day run a husband’s household or raise his children. Both paths promise a life of comfort and luxury, far from the frequent political uprisings of the lower class.

Daniela Vargas is the school’s top student, but her pedigree is a lie. She must keep the truth hidden or be sent back to the fringes of society.

And school couldn’t prepare her for the difficult choices she must make after graduation, especially when she is asked to spy for a resistance group desperately fighting to bring equality to Medio.

Will Dani cling to the privilege her parents fought to win for her, or will she give up everything she’s strived for in pursuit of a free Medio—and a chance at a forbidden love?

To learn about books by and/or Tehlor Kay Mejia please visit this website


You May Also Like

9 comments

  1. This sounds like it will be a great read. I enjoy fantasy involving spies. This is new to me, but going straight onto my wishlist. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds amazing! I like the wife-in-training aspect! lol

    Here's my Wednesday post! Happy Hump Day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like an intriguing read. Hope you enjoy it soon! Here's what I'm waiting on if you'd like to stop by!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi there. Shanese. This is my first time here and I love your blog. Yes. I agree with everyone this sounds like a great read. I will add your blog to our Mocha Girls Read Blogger list. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Forgot to tell you the site address http://mochagirlsread.com

      Delete
    2. Hi, thanks for stopping by and thank you for adding me to the list!

      Delete
  5. I've been hearing a lot of good things about this one. Hope you love it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have an e-arc of the book but I haven't read it yet. Hope you enjoy =)

    My #WoW

    ReplyDelete