Otherkin Review

by - August 02, 2012


Otherkin
Nina Berry
Otherkin book 1
Young Adult, Sci-Fi & Fantasy
Paperback 320 Pages
Publisher: Kensington
ISBN: 9-780-75827-691-9
Release Date: July 31 2012
Overall Rating: 5/5




I thought I knew myself. Then I met Caleb.

            Dez is a good girl who does as she’s told and tries not to be noticed.
Then she rescues a boy from a cage, and he tells her secrets about herself.
Now inside her burns a darkness that will transform her.
            Everything is about to change -- and neither Caleb, nor the Otherkin, nor those who hunt them are prepared for what Dez will unleash.

            Dez like every other teenager in the world sometimes gets mad, but this time when she does, she finds out that she’s not like every other teenager. She shifts into a tiger and if that wasn’t scary and surprising enough as soon as it happens Dez is shot and kidnapped, then she wakes up in a cage, and then if that wasn’t enough in the cage next to her is the unknown yet sexy Caleb. Talk about crazy. Together with Caleb and some new friends Dez goes on an adventure and learns things about herself, Caleb, and a world she never knew existed.
            Whoa!!!!!!! This book starts off like wow. What first caught my attention was the cover, honestly once I saw it, I didn’t care what the book was about it just had to go on my list. The action started right away and it didn’t let up at all. The world Ms. Berry sets up blew my mind, it was magical and eye opening, with a lot more than just shifters. I love shifters of all kinds so it made my day it see the different kinds. The more you read about Dez and understand her motivation behind the things she does you can’t help but connect with her and want things to turn out alright for her. When things get tough it’s up to Dez and rag tag group of bandits to save the day.
            This book was absolutely amazing. As soon as I get it I sat down and read, I didn’t move until I was done, which didn’t take that long. This book had everything you could want, action, shifters, magic, drama, hot guys, romance, and mystery. I was never bored, I loved the book. Honestly this might be my favorite book that I’ve read so far this year. My head is spinning just waiting for the next one. I recommend this book to all. This is one you don’t want to miss.

To learn about Nina Berry and her books please visit her website






You May Also Like

0 comments