T.G.I.F (43)

by - August 10, 2012

TGIF is a fun little feature hosted by Ginger @ GReads! Every week we re-cap what has happened on the blog plus Ginger asks a question for us to answer. This week’ question is: Unexpected Books: Which books did you have reservations about reading, but ending up loving?  

As always Ginger asked a very good question.
Love this question.

Though to be honest there are more than a few books that I’ve said ugh about when they were released then later found myself going “oh I loved that.”

Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone (Harry Potter #1) by J.K. Rowling

Can I just start by saying what the hell is wrong with me? What took me so long? I have no idea. I read this book my second year of high school and that was 2009/2010, I know right, what? In my youth I turned my nose up at it and said “eww, I’m not reading that.” 

Honestly now look at me. I’m one of the biggest Potterheads around and I have the tattoo to prove it. Seriously no one has beaten me in Harry Potter Scene it yet. I’m grown and have the posters up on my wall and the stickers on my laptop. I waited on line for the midnight release of the Deathly Hallows book. I was number15 on that line. I know the story but heart, how could you not fall in love with the Boy Who Lived. I laughed and did my fair share of crying with the books. 

Slave to Sensation (Psy-Changeling #1) by Nalini Singh

            This is one of those times where I want to sap myself upside the head. Whenever I walked into a bookstore or looked online this book was always there just watching me walk by it. I was stupid for a long time. I blame that on youth. Seriously 5 years after this book was released did I read, and only because a friend whom I totally trust to pick out my books told me I had to read it. I read the book and loved it, so good. Now pretty much read all of the books in the series and that Nalini wrote. She is now on my auto-buy list.

Tiger's Curse (Tiger Saga #1) by Colleen Houck

            This is another one that I had no problem working pass in the store, I didn’t care about it until one day I saw it on sale and said what the hell so I got it, took it home, and couldn’t believe what I was reading. I completely fell in love with the book, Ren, the world, just everything.  Now I will say that it is honestly one of the best I’ve ever read. This has got to be one my favorite YA or New Adult (as they are now calling it) shifter books ever.

Hourglass (Hourglass #1) by Myra McEntire

            It took me a little over a year to read this book and I only did because I got a free copy at BEA (Book Expo of America) this pass June. And man was I pissed that it took me so long to read this one. It was really good and left me craving book 2, and I have to say I enjoyed the second book even more than I did the first one.


You May Also Like

2 comments

  1. Harry Potter was on my list too! I thought it was a child's book. Oh how wrong was I?

    Here's my TGIF

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to agree about Harry Potter. I’m glad I dropped by from TGFI. I am your newest follower.
    Cheers,
    Shanae
    My Blog

    ReplyDelete